After Government announcements last week we are delighted to tell you we will be reopening our doors at 06.55 am on Monday 27th July. Our new opening times will be 06.55-22.00 Monday to Friday and 07.55-16.00 at weekends. Please follow the link below for our full opening times. https://frankleecentre.co.uk/club/opening
We are really excited to be able to welcome our members back to use our fantastic facilities. However, to keep our members and staff safe we have had to make some adjustments to our normal operating procedures. These will be explained below. Due to the new guidelines and reduced capacity we have taken the decision to reduce all membership fees by 50%. The aim is to increase subscription fees as restrictions are lifted and a more normal service is resumes. Normal entry fees will apply for Bronze, Silver members and guests from Monday 27th July.
Our Bar will Reopen on Tuesday 1st September when normal opening times will resume. More information on Bar use will follow nearer the time. Access to Sta’s catering will be through the Hexagon until the Bar reopens.
The Fitness Facilities will operate as follows;
You will be required to wait in line socially distanced to gain entry to the club, upon entry please use the hand sanitiser station and let our Receptionist team know what part of the club you would like to use. As per Hospital guidelines please wear a face mask when entering the club. This can be removed when exercising. Please limit your time in the changing rooms to allow everyone the space required to change and shower safely. Please arrive changed and ready for exercise if possible and shower at home is you can.
The pool will be restricted to a maximum of 8 swimmers, 4 in each lane, and will be run as a 45 min swim session. This will be ticketed just like our fitness classes. Tickets will go on sale 30 minutes before the session start time. The first pool session will be 7am-7.45am weekdays (8am on Sat & Sun) followed by a 15 minute closure and clean down. To allow the 07.00 swim sessions to start on time we will be allowing entry to the club at 06:55am weekdays and 07.55 at weekends.
Sessions will start on the hour every hour with the final session finishing at 21:45 Monday to Friday, and 15:45 at weekends. When you have collected your ticket you will be required to wait in the swim corridor behind the changing rooms for the scheduled start time. The Lifeguards will call you onto to poolside to start your swim. You must shower before entering the swimming pool. Pool sessions will close five minutes after the scheduled start time. Please bring your own towels as we are unable to offer towel hire at this time. Please be patient as waiting times may occur a busy times.
There will be NO Sauna or Steam room until we are advised to allow these to reopen. Unfortunately we are unable to offer Family swim sessions at this time.
The Gym will be restricted to 8 users and will also run as 45 minute sessions. You will be able to collect a ticket 30 minutes before the session start time. The first Gym session will start at 7:15am and finish at 8am followed by a 15 minute closure and clean down. Sessions will start at 15 mins past the hour every hour until the final session finishes at 22:00 Monday to Friday and 08.15-16.00 at weekends. Once you have a ticket for the session you will be required to wait in Squash court 1 until the scheduled start time. The Gym team will then oversee the cardio gym to start the session. Please do not bring sweat towels into the Gym and use the blue paper towels provided. Please be patient as waiting times may occur a busy times.
Between the hours of 9am-11am on Wednesday’s and Friday’s we will operate both the Pool and Gym sessions for Retired members only. We ask that all other members politely avoid these times, Retired members will take priority upon entry.
For members safety we have restricted the amount of machines in the Cardio Gym to the following;
3 Exercise bikes
2 Cross Trainers
1 Climb mill
Selection of free weights, Kettlebells, and Med balls.
Due to the size of the space we are unable to offer use the Weights Room at this time, however we will have a selection of free weights in the ground floor cardio gym.
Our new temporary class timetable will be published on our website and also in Reception. All classes will have capacity restricted to allow room for social distancing. You will be able to view the class timetable from Friday 24th July. Classes that we are unable to offer include – Zumba – Body Combat – Aerobics – HIIT – Aqua. Due to maintaining social distancing whilst exercising.
Our outside courts will be open as usual for singles Tennis, however 5 a-side football and doubles Tennis will not be permitted due to social distancing guidelines. Our Squash and Badminton courts will remain closed at this time in line with social distancing guidelines. Please follow this link to book Tennis courts.
During the first month of reopening we will not be accepting new members, this is to ensure we give our current membership the best possible opportunity to make use of the facilities. As stated above all our memberships will automatically be restarted on the 27th July with the first direct debit collection being on the 3rd August, this will be 50% of your normal monthly fee to reflect restricted facilities. We will look to increase subscriptions as we are able to increase capacity and introduce more activities. Any members who have prepaid for memberships will have this time automatically added back to their membership account.
We will be required to hold the details of all member visits for 21 days, this is to allow Track and Trace to be put into action should any user come down with Covid-19 positive symptoms. To allow this to happen you MUST bring your membership card to swipe in, this swipe then registers on our system and prevents members having to fill out paper forms. Any guests will have to give their contact details at reception.
Keeping each other safe
If you are planning a visit to a club, please follow these guidelines:
- Please tell reception what facilities you are using
- Please use the hand sanitiser on entry and exit
- Please pay by card where possible
- Please be patient, polite and observe signposting
- Please do not come to the club if you feel unwell
THE HEALTH AND WELL-BEING OF MEMBERS AND TEAM MEMBERS IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY. WE HAVE INTRODUCED NEW PROCEDURES TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE, WELL AND ACTIVE
We are closely following Government guidelines. We are also working with the industry body UK Active and following guidelines to ensure your safety at all times.
- We are creating individual class spaces to give members the space to safely enjoy classes.
- We have reduced the sizes of all classes to enable social distancing in all areas.
- We are reducing the number of members in certain areas of the club at any one time to minimise congestion and ensure members and team members can practice social distancing.
- We have fitted plastic screens at reception to protect both members and our staff.
- We are politely asking members and team members to remain 2 metres apart in line with current social distancing guidelines.
- Please follow our signage to help you remain 2m apart. Our staff will be on hand throughout the club to offer support.
Our cleaning schedules and procedures have been greatly enhanced to maintain a high level of hygiene. Our new cleaning procedures include:
- All cleaning is carried out with a fully viricidal disinfectant cleaner, certified to kill enveloped viruses within 60 seconds.
- We have increased the number of cleaning hours each day to allow extra cleaning duties each day, allowing us to increase the volume of cleaning across the club, with particular attention paid to areas of high traffic.
- We have introduced sanitisation stations across the club, and have increased the amount of sanitiser spray and blue paper available to members to further encourage you to wipe down and clean equipment before and after use.
- We have introduced extra time between classes and Gym sessions to allow us to fully clean all areas ahead of the following class.
- All team members have been trained on our new ways of working for cleaning and social distancing and all will be responsible for cleaning and sanitising around the club.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you back on Monday 27th July.